Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Creative Time Design Team Call Entry

Hi Friends!

Yep... You read that right!!  The awesome Emma at My Creative Time is having a Design Team call!  I was beyond excited when I read her post and my mind starting going in all directions.  Her stamps are amazing and although I only have one set, I still wanted to apply! 

The set I have is called Race For a Cure. The words on it are so meaningful, and can be used in so many facets of life. In August of 2010, my Mom was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease, also known as ALS.  She was given two years to live, and when I saw this stamp set, I knew I had to have it.  The sentiment "Today Matters" has never been more true in my life.  My entry for the Design Team Call is a treat bag I made for my Mom.  She is such a fighter, and I have learned so much about respecting each day we're given and making it matter.   Thanks Mom, for showing me that no matter what life throws our way, we can make the best of it. 


For the box, I used Tags, Bags, Boxes & More.
      The paper was from DCWV "The Dots, Stripes & Plaids" stack

The scallop on the bottom of the box was cut from the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge.
       The paper was from Lasting Impressions the color is "Weathered Black" (My fave!)
        The tag shadow is also on "Weathered Black"

The Tag was cut from Tags, Bags, Boxes & More using Lasting Impressions color "Sweet Tomato - Solid".  The flower is also from TBBM, using "Sweet Tomato - Solid".

I used the My Creative Time's Race For a Cure set for the tag, and the tissue paper.  I used the sentiments "Courage", "Faith", "Believe", and "Today Matters" for the tissue. 

Other supplies were brads, ribbon and rhinestones. 

Thank you so much for visiting today.  I sincerely appreciate it!!

25 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super! Great flower! Good Luck!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

So cute! Good Luck!!!

Yvonne said...

Super cute project! Love how you stamps the tissue paper! ~Yvonne OneCreativeMomma.blogspot.com

JanJan808Kreate said...

Soo kreative...good luck!

Cassandra said...

Cute little box! Good luck :)

Cassandra

Anonymous said...

great choice in stamps set. that one is awesome :) Good luck in the DT call

Micia

Melissa said...

"Today Matters"... yes it does! I feel a little silly overlooking the Race For a Cure set. Very touching project.

Teresa Ciarleglio said...

Very pretty gift box- I am sure that your mom will love it! I know it was made with a lot of love.
Good luck on the DT call!

Annette Allen said...

cute gift box... Good Luck

Thanks for your sweet comment..

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Super cute gift box...and I love the tissue paper! Good Luck!!

Glora said...

This gift bag is beautiful! And thanks for sharing about your mom! Life is so precious, and yes today matters. You are awesome. Terrific idea to stamp the tissue paper too! I love it! Good luck my sweet friend! Hugs- Glora

Linda said...

Adorable gift bag and I love the way you stamped the tissue paper. So clever! Good Luck!

Lisa said...

Great project! The colors look great together.

Cathie Rigby said...

Great project-this is a set I want! Best of luck on the DT call. TFS
Cathie

Laura Barnes said...

Awesome project! I love the TBBM cartridge! Black and red look so good together. BTW, I'm a new follower! :)

Carol L said...

Super cute project! Thanks for visiting my blog, I wish you the best ;0). Have a blessed day!
HUgs, Carol L

Emily said...

Very nice! Love the flower :)

Rachel said...

great project, it looks gorgeous! Dots, stripes, and plaid is one of my FAVE dcwv sets (probably my second favorite... with Lemon Flower being first lol) Best of luck!!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wonderful creation. Good luck with the DT call! ( I think I am out of it as I didn't read the fine print about other sentiment teams...:C)

Lisa said...

Love your box. Great job and good luck to you in the dt call. Thanks for the kind words on my snowlady card.

Lisa Scrappingpinklady
http://www.scrappingpinklady.com

Mimi said...

I love this box! So cute and especially love that you added the border at the bottom of the box - ingenious!!!! Also loved reading why this set is so important to you. God bless you both!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Really wonderful box, love the details with the sentiments! Thanks so much for sharing your heart with us and best of luck to you :)

Trail of Treasures said...

This is such a beautiful box!! Super adorable!! Good luck with the DT call!

Hugs,
Tracey

Diana Lynn Martin said...

Great project! I love the sentiment too! Sorry to hear about your mom - big prayers heading your way!

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

Grseat treat bag! I love how you made patterned tissue paper... Thanks for sharing your story. That sentiment is just perfect. Good luck on the DT Call!

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com