Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Grandmother's Poem

My husband's grandmother is one of the sweetest women I know. She is super talented in so many areas and is just one those ladies you wish you could be more like. She is amazing with ceramics, and does these tiny little intricate flowers on most of her pieces that I would just kill for! She has a friend who's son is leaving on an LDS mission in the Fall and she wanted to give her a piece with a boy kneeling. I love this piece, so I was happy she'd call to tell me about it. Well, she wanted to know if I could take her poem she had written and "dress it up". I was beyond flattered. She told me she needed three of them, but she didn't care what they looked like. My thinking was, I'd design three different styles and she could pick the one she liked best, and I'd put two more of them together. I delivered them to her, and she loved them all, and decided to keep all three! It's always so fun to have such a talented woman enjoy the things I make. It makes my hobby that much better! Thanks for visiting!


I'm so sorry about the poor picture quality. 

3 comments:

Natty said...

They are beautiful! Way to go, girlfriend!

Glora said...

This is a beautiful poem and you dressed them up perfectly. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. Your projects are beautiful and I look forward to looking in on them in the future too!

Terri said...

Very, Very nice of you. Beautiful work. By the way-You WON my Lil Girl picture and I need to send it to you.

Thanks,
Terri
stamper52@gmail.com
treasuresbyterri.blogspot.com