Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Have a Seven Year Old!


Hi Friends!

Today, I have some pictures of the cute things I made for my daughter's 7th birthday.  It fell on Thanksgiving this year, and she was over the moon excited about that.  I decided she needed a little something that wasn't "turkey" related, or even fall colors for that matter.  She is crazy about those Monster High Dolls, so I decided that pink, blue and black would be my color pallet.  I was so excited.  Had it all planned out.  Balloons, confetti, decor...

Then my cute husband tells me he is going to make her a turkey cake, and it'd be fun to have a card/poster to sit next to it that says something about a turkey.  He tells me the night before her birthday.  YIKES!  So, keeping true to my colors, I made a giant card for her.  I actually really loved how it turned out, and it didn't kink my non-holiday plan too much! 


 
 I wanted her to have something special to wear throughout the day full of visitors and dinners.  I got a 3" wood circle, painted it, and had my first Mod Podge experience, gluing confetti on to it, and adding some flair and that cute 7!  She was SO excited about that badge, and has kept it almost as nice as when I gave it to her!  Crepe paper doesn't last forever, but it is too cute not to use!
 
 
Thank you so much for visiting today!
 

1 comment:

Glora said...

How fun to have a Thanksgiving birthday. That cake is darling and the sign and special birthday badge are perfect and oh so girly. I bet she LOVED having that cute badge to wear around. Hugs- Glora