Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Crafts... a little late!

Hello Crafty Friends!  I hope you are all well. Halloween has come and gone, and although I was able to get everything done and delivered on the actual day, my poor blog has been neglected.  I am so sorry.  Life is crazy right now, and I don't see it slowing down any time soon.  UGH!

My daughter is in first grade this year and she asked me to "help" with the Halloween Party.  I LOVE Halloween.  As it ended up, I was in charge of the whole party!  We had one craft, 2 games and a snack.  It was super fun!  The games ended up being bingo and "pin the face on the pumpkin".  I had my sweet husband draw three huge pumpkins on poster board and then I cut random face pieces from self adhesive foam.  Hilarious to watch those kids!  Sadly, I didn't get a picture.  My husband is quite the artist!  Bingo was just a store bought game with pumpkin markers.  Super cute! 

The craft, was by far, my favorite that I've done for kids in a long time.  I called it a "Boo-Quet" and it was SO fun!  I had the Cricut Markers draw 3 ghosts and the word "BOO" and then I had the kids color and cut them out.  I had filled a mini cauldron with crinkled paper and stuffed a craft stick in some Styrofoam to mount the ghosts on.  Let's just say, Glue Dots are AMAZING!! 


For my kids' classes, I did some treats they could pass out.  My baby wanted something not scary, so I used the cutest Halloween set ever and made some crepe paper rosettes and stuck it on.  She loved them.  I did too!


My first grader wanted to use my KinderStampO's Vintage Halloween Set "Too Cute to Spook" and some pumpkins.  I can't just leave a pumpkin faceless.  So, out came my Peachy Keen Stamps and walla!  I had the perfect little faces.  She loved them and made up a story about each face.  It was so cute to watch her tell her friends.  I have to admit, I love this stamp set.  It's too cute!


Thank you so much for visiting today.  Hope your November is full of all things wonderful!

1 comment:

Glora said...

What a terrific mom you are. THese are ADORABLE! Awesome job. Hugs- Glora