Wednesday, October 12, 2016

CardMaker Halloween Blog Hop

 Hello Friends! 

Welcome to the CardMaker Blog Hop!

I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful Blog Hop!

For my project, I wanted to do a box filled with some little note cards for a friend.  Halloween and cards just go together if you ask me!  I used Glue Dots® Glue Lines, Glue Dots® Mini Glue Dots, Glue Dots® Permanent Glue Dots and Glue Dots® Craft Dots along with some black, green, purple, orange and white cardstocks.  Of course I had to use some black and white twine too.  I used my Cricut Explore to cut some cute Halloween elements and a darling Frankenstein Box. I changed the size a bit so it would hold six note cards.  I used the We R Memory Keepers  Envelope Punch Board  to make a custom size envelope.  That is an essential tool for card makers!

 
After I cut my Frankie Box, I used Glue Dots® Lines and Glue Dots® Permanent Dots to put him together with the handle and set it aside.  I then cut my six 3 1/4" x 6 1/2" cards with white cardstock. Using my Cricut, I cut the 6 silhouette images I was going to use on my cards.  I cut the coordinating color blocks for each die cut as well. I glued each silhouette image to the square with Glue Dots® Mini Dots.  


After I had the images on their colored squares, I cut random lengths of twine to add some patterns around the colors, in a line, or doubled up or however!  I just wanted to add a hint of dimension to these cards.  I put a Glue Dots® Glue Line on the back of my colored square and stuck twine into it and wrapped it around here and there on each card, adding another Glue Dots® Glue Line to the opposite side.  I did this for each of my 6 cards. 


After I had twine around all my colored squares, I put them on my white cards.  I adhered them with a combo of Glue Dots® Glue Lines and Glue Dots® Craft Dots.  I made sure they were super sticky to hold the twine in place once it was on the card.
Once all the cards were put together, I made the envelopes.  Since my cards were sized at 3 1/4", I needed to adjust the size to use on my envelope punch board to a beginning size of paper at 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".  My "Start Line" was at 2 3/4".  Once I figured out the correct size, I punched and scored all my envelopes.  After I used the reverse punch on each one, on the opposite side of the now rounded edge, I cut a small bit of the pointed flap so it was straight rather than pointed. 


To assemble my envelopes, I used a Glue Dots® Glue Line on each of the two sides that fold in.  I put the flap that I trimmed the point off right on top of the Glue Dots® Glue Lines.  I wasn't planning on using these right away, so I added one Glue Dots® Mini Glue Dot to the middle of the cut flap and put a film over it so it wouldn't stick together until I had the card inside, ready to give someone!  At this point, I was just about done.  I just needed to put them in my Frankie Box. 



I now have a cute little box of cards to give to my friend, and it's more the cute side of Halloween.  Just what she likes!  Thank you so much for visiting today and hopping along with us!

Here is the a list of the blogs that are hopping today in case you get lost along the way:


Amanda Tibbitts:

Danielle Hunter:

Kelly Gettelfinger: www.alwaysstampin.com


Grace Tolman:




Catherine Scanlon: www.catherinescanlon.com





Shannon Morgan:



15 comments:

Brooke said...

That little Frankenstein is adorable! So cute-thanks for being a part of the hop!

Tammy Santana said...

Such a cute idea!!!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Super cute! Love it!

Anonymous said...

These note cards are so cute! The Frankenstein container is too. I don't think I would be able to give any of them away. :)

McStamper said...

What a great idea. And what cute cards.

Janet Trieschman said...

love the box idea, I need to remember this for other holidays

dawnmercedes said...

I love the idea of this project!! When my kids were younger, I made lunch notes..and this would be great to slip into brown sacks!!

Kallie said...

Oh my goodness, bestie, THAT box! The cards are to die for too! You've got one lucky friend!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

I have to say the spider is my favorite card!!

robyncreates said...

Oh I love these cute little cards, but I think the box is my fav! ;)

Denise Bryant said...

Adorable project! Love the box and little cards!

Barbara H said...

Nice gift idea with, use glue dots often with my paper projects.

Donna said...

Such a cute Frankenstein holder and those cards, oh my!

Mary Holshouser said...

the box is darling and you won't have
to worry about pieces falling off or the
box falling apart - you used Glue Dots.
A fail-safe way to adhesive.
thanks for a fun project.
Your friend will love it.

Sue D said...

Very cute--perfect colors for Halloween.