Saturday, December 13, 2014

MIL's Birthday Card... in a box!

Hi Friends!

I wanted to write a letter to my favorite machine ever, the Cricut Explore for helping me in making my darling Mother-in-law a Card in a Box!


Dear Cricut:

I wanted to sincerely thank you from the absolute bottom of my heart for making a machine that I can start with a simple 9"x5" rectangle and turn into a "Party in a Box" for my sweet Mother-in-Law, Jill.  She started me on my crafting journey in 1996 with Rubber Stamping.  I fell in love with crafting way back then and I just couldn't get enough.  In 2005, I became a Mom for the first time and crafting was my "me time".  In 2007, my handsome hubby gave me my very first Cricut Expression and let's just say I used that thing to death!  Literally, it died.  :)  In 2013, my MIL and FIL gave me a Cricut Expression 2, and that was my favorite machine of all time, and it opened so many crafting doors for me that I couldn't have imagined without it.  

Enter, the Explore.  Can we say "OH MY HEAVENS"??  I HAD to have one.  As soon as I heard about them.  It was almost too good to be true...  March 29th, 2014, my husband took me to Michael's to check out the Explore.  He bought me their last one and I've been hooked ever since.  It's more than incredible, it's out of this world with what it can do.  I thought I would love it solely for the scoring it could do for me, but NO!  It literally has taken me to great heights with my crafting and I cannot believe I can do what I did for my MIL.  

I began with a 9"x5" rectangle, and added score lines, cut lines, smaller rectangles for the panels,the "Happy Birthday" banner was written with the Explore and cut out and all the cute birthday cuts from Birthday Bash and began to glue.  My Explore made every cut and line and piece of this adorable card, and I was SO excited to give it to her.  SHE LOVED IT and my engineer Father-in-Law even called it a masterpiece!  My heart was bursting and I couldn't believe I made this.  Without my Explore, I couldn't have pulled it off, and I sincerely thank you for your machine.  It has made me a total rock star to my family and I think it's safe to say that I am truly a "FAN FOR LIFE!"  




Here's a close up of the sentiment flag.  I love having the Explore write my sentiments.  It's SO easy, and cute to boot!  

Thank you, Cricut.  You have made this once shy, scared to try anything, introverted girl into a Confident Crafter, and that's what I need in my life!  

Sincerely, 


CraftsManda 

3 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

Oh wow! what a darling bday card!! So much to admire and look at. Thanks for sharing. BIF Greetings!

http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.com/ said...

Love you box card and all the fun elements.
My Blog : ilove2cutpaper BIF

Linda Roessler said...

That card is AWESOME!!! the Explore is cool! But your craftiness is AMAZING! :)